[NA-Discuss] Pending Vote

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 16:56:56 UTC 2017

HI Folks

Last week we asked for nominations or self nominations  for  a substitute
for Alan's vote in the pending Board seat election( Alan is one of the two
final candidates)

We have heard from the community and  Evan and Eduardo expressed interest
in stepping up and we need to have  an appropriate motion and Big Pulse
vote   In advance to this call for a vote. we are required by our  existing
Rules of procedures to have this person vote according to their personal
beliefs.

We are asking  each candidate for a statement of how they plan to decide on
who to vote prior to asking the NARALO membership to  vote in Big Pulse.
This  gives the membership an opportunity to get insights into the
individuals and provide a more balanced and reflective voting process.   We
are confident that both gentlemen and very experienced  NARALO members they
will provide a cogent statement.

We are waiting for  Ariel to provide  the timelines for the actual vote.
This situation only impacts   NARALO and  LACRALO since we are the only two
RALO's that need to do this extra step some currently only two people are
standing for the Board election. (Unless RALO petitions will change this)
 This doesn't alter our request  at this time

As to the actual  Board candidates  we will organizing a  Meet the
Candidate on our NARALO call plus I am sure  staff will be organizing a
purpose call.

If you have any questions  please contact me or Judith

Thanks
Glenn

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com