[NA-Discuss] WEBCAST TODAY: ISOC-NY 20th Anniversary Celebration as an Internet Society Chapter

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Dec 26 23:48:33 UTC 2017

​This is the first of what I would like to call - with apologies to friends
who are agnostic or of other denominations - the *12 Streams of Xmas*. I
plan a stream at 7pm every day for the next 12 days. While this one has
never been streamed before most, if not all, of the others will be of
earlier meritorious webcasts that you might have overlooked.

As to this one. We had a great party. It took some effort to dig up some
original Chapter founders, but we found them! And a rare occasion when
yours truly steps out from behind the switcher. This is not terrific high
quality as it is just the Zoom recording.

[image: ISOC-NY 1997-2017] <https://livestream.com/internetsociety/isocny20>On
Dec 20 2017 the *Internet Society New York Chapter <http://isoc-ny.org/> *
(ISOC-NY)* celebrated <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9674>* the 20th Anniversary of
its formal affiliation to the global Internet Society <http://isoc.org/>.
Speakers included original founders *Wayne Spivak*, *Everett Cabajal*,
and *Kathy
Lee Zasloff*, plus current officers *Shuli Hallak* (Executive Director),* Joly
MacFie* (President). We also heard from Internet Hall of Famer *Dave
Farber* about
how the Internet Society itself got started, and an update on the *NYC Mesh
<https://nycmesh.net/> *from *Brian Hal*l. A recording will be streamed
tonight *Tuesday December 26 201*7 at *7pm* EST (UTC-5). Sorry, no captions.

**View on Livestream: https://livestream.com/internetsociety/isocny20
<https://livestream.com/internetsociety/isocny20>*

Comment <http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9728#respond>    See all comments
<http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9728#comments>

http://isoc-ny.org/p2/9728

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast