[NA-Discuss] Time Sensitive: ICANN 61 Travel Slot and Onboarding Program

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 15:12:57 UTC 2017

@ALL:

This is an open call to the region for the following two items which are
relate to participating in the upcoming ICANN61 meeting to be held in
Puerto Rico, March 10-15, 2018.

1.  *First item description*: One slot to travel to ICANN 61 in Puerto
Rico. The travel slot is for airfare *ONLY*, in other words, it does *NOT*
include hotel and per diem.

*Call:* Any NARALO member interested in participating in ICANN61 is invited
to submit a brief statement indicating the reason(s) for wanting to attend
and its willingness to participate in the meeting during its entire
duration and cover hotel/per diem expenses.

*Selection process*: In case that we get one or more submissions, the
NARALO Chair and Secretary will decide to which applicant the slot will be
awarded. We’ll take into consideration monthly meeting attendance and
previous face-to-face participations in other ICANN meetings, i.e the less
meetings you have been to, the better chance to be selected for this one. Note
that in the case that we do not get any submissions, the slot will be made
available to ALAC for its disposition within the At-Large community.

*Deadline*: Monday, December 18, 2017 @ 14:00 UTC

2.    *Second item description: *Participation in the Community Onboarding
Program
<https://community.icann.org/display/COP22/Community+Onboarding+Pilot+Program>
during ICANN61 in Puerto Rico.

*Call:* Any NARALO member interested in participating as a mentee in this
program is invited to submit a brief statement indicating the reason(s) for
wanting to be a mentee and its willingness to participate in the meeting
during its entire duration.

*Selection process:* NARALO Chair, Secretary and the three ALAC
representatives will propose to ALAC no more than two potential mentees
from our region for this program. After all regions select their respective
candidates, the AASC
<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/ALAC+Subcommittee+on+Appointee+Selection>
will then select ONLY two candidates among the pool of potential mentees.

*Deadline*: Friday, December 18, 2017 @ 14:00 UTC

-ed

--
*NOTICE:* This email may contain information which is confidential and/or
subject to legal privilege, and is intended for the use of the named