[NA-Discuss] Updated brochure

Wes Boudville wesboudville at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:40:59 UTC 2016

In the brochure, how about these changes below?

a. It says "http://www.naralog.org". Surely this is redundant. How about
just "naralo.org"? At the very least, omit 'www'. In the Engage with ICANN
section, see how it omits the 'http://' and 'www' before all those links.
So how about doing the same with 'http://www.naralo.org'?

b. There is a title 'The At Large Organisational Structure'. Maybe omit
'The'. It is unnecessary.  A shorter title stands out more. For example,
another section is titled 'Local Contact Info', and not 'The Local Contact
Info'. Another section is titled 'Message from the chair and ...' and not
'A message from the chair ...'

A leading definite or indefinite article can often be omitted in a title or
header, at least in English.

c. It says 'Naralo signs it's S'. The trailing S is a typo. So is the
apostrophe.

d. Also, that sentence has no full stop.

e. This sentence does not make sense.  'NARALO signed ... in 2017' ?? Past
and future tenses? This is 2016. 2017 has not happened yet.

f. 'NARALO in its participation in regional activities.' Is this meant to
be a header? It does not flow with the succeeding sentence. Perhaps it
needs a line break and bold or larger font.

g. 'Because of the size of the region’s population, '  Why is there a blank
line between this and the rest of the sentence?

h. 'with-in' should not have the hyphen

i.  'NARALO has a signed MOU with ARIN. American Registry Internet Numbers
in 2014 . ' Perhaps this should be   'NARALO signed an MOU with ARIN
(American Registry Internet Numbers) in 2014.'

j.   'in-dependent'  should be 'independent'

Dr Wes Boudville