[NA-Discuss] New Business cards and Slogan

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Nov 17 13:48:24 UTC 2016

On 17 November 2016 at 12:41, Glenn McKnight <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I think we need a short slogan but  Evan is getting at our  vision and
> mission statement that turns this exercise into more  soul searching.

​​My suggestion was not intended to create a great debate on mission​; it
was, indeed, merely an accurate reflection of how the ICANN bylaws define
our function as a stakeholder group.​

> If we are really going to be the voice of the end users we need to assess
> our activities and future goals in context to the new  ICANN
> multistakeholder model.

​There's no "if"​.

The bylaws have *always* defined At-Large as the vehicle for representing
end-user interests within ICANN's function. This really ought not to be a
surprise to anyone. Everything NARALO does, from outreach to policy
development, is (supposed to be) constrained towards that end. There is no
change of context because of the IANA transition, at least so far.

​Reassessment of activity to ensure it remains consistent with NARALO's
bylaw mandate is ​fine, but don't blame it on the slogan. ;-)

​- Evan​