[NA-Discuss] A second ALAC selection process

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Apr 12 20:21:59 UTC 2015

In view of Glenn McKnight's recent resignation of his position as ALAC
Member effective at the end of the ICANN 54 meeting scheduled to be held in
Dublin *(*
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2015-April/008652.html
*),* his ALAC position has become available for the completion of his term
– AGM 2015 until AGM 2016.

As described in my "Adieu" message (
 http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2015-April/008640.html
<http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss/2015-April/008640.html> ),
I suggested that this slot be filled by Alan, and received numerous
comments supporting this plan of action.

In light of this, I now open nominations for this position, and nominate
Alan Greenberg. I made a message to this effect yesterday, but did not
sufficiently explain the required process in alignment with our procedures.

I am proposing that we waive our normal 30 day nomination period so that
this selection can be complete on 9 of May, in time for our normally
scheduled May NARALO meeting. If any ALS Representatives have a problem
with this slightly shortened nomination period, please let me know.

Evan Leibovitch
Acting NARALO Chair