[NA-Discuss] Proposal for NARALO endorsement for the Nominating Committee

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Tue May 28 17:42:34 UTC 2013

I would second this.  I think that Murray would be an excellent choice.

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca

-----Original Message-----
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [mailto:na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of Evan Leibovitch
Sent: Tuesday, May 28, 2013 1:11 PM
To: NARALO Discussion List
Subject: [NA-Discuss] Proposal for NARALO endorsement for the Nominating Committee

I wish to advance Murray McKercher, Research Fellow at The Mobile Institute, as the NARALO recommendation for the 2013-2014 Nominating Committee.

While Murray's tenure as an ICANN volunteer is not very long, his involvement in Internet and technology issues goes back decades. He is great to work with in collaborative efforts, and has shown both calm under pressure and phenomenal people skills -- qualities that are vital for working effectively within the NomCom.

I have spoken to Murray, and he has both the interest and commitment necessary. I have no hesitation recommending and supporting him.

--
Evan Leibovitch
Toronto Canada

Em: evan at telly dot org