[NA-Discuss] Regional Advice on .HEALTH Objection

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Wed Mar 6 16:26:55 UTC 2013

> You could ask why this public entity was unable, in the time frame
> available, unable to make an off-budget quarter-million dollar
> expenditure and commit to several multiples of additional costs over a
> several year period, and commit to a incompletely defined contracting
> process, or you could just make stuff up.

I think it is reasonable to believe that if they were still interested in
proceeding with their 2000 application, they could free up enough staff
and budget time to write a letter to ICANN saying so.

Personally I don't think it's in the public interest to allow private
entities to squat on generic terms, but I don't find .health notably more
objectionable than .book.

Regards,