[NA-Discuss] The self-nomination of Eric Brunner-Williams for NARALO Chair

Thomas Lowenhaupt toml at communisphere.com
Tue Jun 18 13:56:40 UTC 2013

I'm in favor of elections and a review of the operating priorities of
NARALO (and the RALOs in general).  And my hope is that by seconding the
nomination of Eric Brunner-Williams, such a review will ensue.

As head of a newer At-Large Structure, I appreciate Eric's emphasis on
the need for "outreach."  Just last week I attended a briefing by
Olivier that presented a most excellent inward view of the ICANN's
operation. My hope is that at some point in the future there would be a
similar gathering to reveal success strategies and stories of ALSs.
Broader levels of support for ALSs would also prove beneficial.

I note that several months ago I met with Mr. Bruen who emphasized his
interest in developing the ALSs. So let me end where I started. I'm in
favor of elections and a review of the operating priorities of NARALO
and therefore, I second the nomination of Eric Brunner-Williams.

Thomas Lowenhaupt