[NA-Discuss] Dotless domains

Garth Bruen gbruen at knujon.com
Mon Jun 10 15:59:16 UTC 2013

Item 11.1.1 for today:
https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+2013.06.10+Teleconference

-----Original Message-----
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[mailto:na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Guerra
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 11:49 AM
To: NARALO Discussion List
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Dotless domains

Evan,

There are 3 of not more SSAC members on the ICANN board, as such - I believe
- advisories are taken seriously.

However, as you mention there are other drivers in their discussions, as
such ALAC's support of SSAC053 and other advisories is much appreciated and
very strategic.

Robert

--
R. Guerra
Phone/Cell: +1 202-905-2081
Email: rguerra at privaterra.org

<ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net>wrote:

>> Colleagues,
>>
>> I suggest that the first issue to consider is whether the Board is in
>> possession of the best advice on the subject from some other AC, and
>> if so, is further advice from another AC, ALAC in particular, can in
>> fact inform the Board.
>>
>> In my view, the Board already has the best advice on the subject from
>> an AC and no communication from another AC can in fact inform an
>> already informed Board.
>>
>> Eric Brunner-Williams
>> Eugene, Oregon
>> ------