[NA-Discuss] Nomination of Louis Houle for At-Large Delegates to the 2014 NomCom

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Sun Jun 9 20:16:43 UTC 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I would recommend the incumbent, Glenn McKnight, be re-appointed as
the North American regional At-Large Delegate to the 2014 Nominating
Committee (NomCom). The reports from the NomCom to the NA-Discuss list
during his tenure have been excellent.

However he is term-limited out and no longer eligible.

I know from others who have served on the NomCom that the evaluation
of the candidates for selection to the Board, the GNSO, CCNSO, and
ALAC is time consuming. I also know from those same individuals that
the members of the NomCom, year after year, diligently execute the
responsibility of finding the better choices for the open positions.

Board members who have been selected by the Nominating Committee
include: Vint Cerf, Susan Crawford, Hagen Hultzsch, Joichi Ito, Veni
Markovski, Hualin Qian, Njeri Rionge, Vanda Scartezini, 2007: Harald
Alvastrand, Dennis Jennings, Jean-Jack Subrenat, Steve Crocker, Katim
Touray, Rajasekar Ramaraj (2nd term), George Sadowsky, Cherine
Chalaby, Bertrand de La Chapelle, Erika Mann, Steve Crocker, Judith
Vasquez, Olga Madruga-Forti, Gonzalo Navarro, and George Sadowsky (2nd
term).

ccNSO Council members who have been selected by the Nominating
Committee include: Becky Burr, Nashwa Abdel-Baki, Jian Zhang, Sokol
Haxhiu, Hong Xue, and Mary Wong.

GNSO Council members who have been selected by the Nominating
Committee include: Jon Bing, Avri Doria, Olga Cavalli, Terry Davis,
Olga Cavalli (2nd term), Andrey Kolesnikov, Carlos Dionisio Aguirre,
Lanre Ajayi, Thomas Rickert, Jennifer Wolfe.

ALAC members who have been selected by the Nominating Committee
include: Jean Polly, Jacqueline Morris, Alan Greenberg, Annette
Muehlerg, Vanda Scartezini, Fatimata, Seye Sylla, Nguyen Thu Hue, Alan
Greeberg (2nd term), Adam Peake, Jame Seng, Carlton Samuels, Dave
Kissoondoyal, Sebastian Bachollet, Marc Rotenberg, Ganesh Kumar, Titi
Akinsanmi, Rinalia Abdul Rahim, Carlton Samueles (2nd term), Alan
Greenberg (2nd term), and Jean-Jacques Subrenat.

This record of selecting talented and dedicated people to serve in
positions of responsibility impresses me, and I'd like this record
continued in the coming year, by nominating Louis Houle.

I've known Louis through the .quebec project and though the NA-Discuss
list. He has been, like Sébastien Bachollet earlier in the larger
ICANN community, one of the few non-anglophones who has consistently
contributed to policy and process discussions.

Eric Brunner-Williams
Eugene, Oregon