[NA-Discuss] ALS Application (178) ISOC Canada- Request for Regional Advice

Houle Louis Louis.Houle at isocquebec.org
Mon Jun 3 23:42:19 UTC 2013

And we where on a tight skedule, as Luc reminded the group,

Hi everybody,
1.
I would like to make sure we all realize we are on a rather tight
schedule if we want to ratify creation of the NARALO in San Juan.
Remember that once we have agreed on both our OP and MOU, ICANN legal
has to OK the MOU (which will take sometime) and then our MOU has to go
through a 21-day public comment period. Only then can signature by ICANN
and ALSes happen. The San Juan meeting is June 25-29, which doesn't
leave us much time.
I have updated our formation schedule at
http://www.icannwiki.org/The_North_American_Regional_At-Large_Organization .
Please do take a look at it. This will give you an idea of what's ahead
of us.
I would also appreciate that ICANN staff look at the schedule and
confirm that this it is realistic from ICANN's point of vue.
2.
Where are we at now?
We are discussing our Operating Principles because before we do anything
else, we need to agree on how we'll go doing this. Our schedule calls
for approval of our OP before 2007.04.27, which leaves us 2 weeks, which
also puts us before any pre-San Juan meeting, so we have to do this
online. In order to approve our OP we need to vote, thus the first
action item in our Formation Schedule (see link above) is for every
certified ALS and the group of individual users to name their 2 voting
representatives and enter them at http://www.icannwiki.org/NARALO_Contacts .
This should be done before this Friday the 20th.

Luc Faubert
Conseiller en gouvernance TI et en gestion du changement /
IT governance and change management consulting
+1 514 236 5129
www.LucFaubert.com <http://www.lucfaubert.com/>
www.LucFaubert.com/blog <http://www.lucfaubert.com/blog>
www.isoc.qc.ca <http://www.isoc.qc.ca/>
www.ccig.ca <http://www.ccig.ca/>
www.maillons.qc.ca <http://www.maillons.qc.ca/>

Louis Houle
Président
La Société Internet du Québec (ISOC Québec)
Louis.Houle at isocquebec.org