[NA-Discuss] VOTE RESULTS: 2013 NARALO Chair Selection

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sat Jul 20 09:55:08 UTC 2013

I think that Matt and Heidi are offline, but having asked Matt to
explain the notation in an earlier election, I can explain it.

It is a two-dimensional table, serialized. Since our mailing lists
refuse to handle HTML text (something I am trying to change), it gets mangled.

Rank Candidate              Votes

1    Garth Bruen            16
2    Eric Brunner-Williams  2
      Abstain                1

If you display mail in a constant-width font, this will look fine. If

So Garth, in 1st place received 16 votes, Eric, in 2nd place,
received 1 vote and there was one abstention.

Alan