[NA-Discuss] address allocation, was Google Fiber

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Jan 28 22:26:19 UTC 2013

On 1/28/13 2:08 PM, John R. Levine wrote:
>>> The arin-ppml mailing list is open.

> I think that people who care about address allocation should subscribe
> directly.

Agree. The question posed by Joly concerned "NARALO ... as a body, in
the [ARIN] pdp", which I answered.

> If you really care about it, join ARIN, which costs money.

For many, many years as a direct holder of portable (provider
independent) /17 and /18 blocks, and a non-portable (provider
assigned) /21 block.

Good advice in general, to which I add "if you really care about it,
and either have domain specific expertise or a material interest, then
join ARIN (or RIPE or ...)" which as you noted, is not free.

Eric