[NA-Discuss] Google Fiber

Thomas Lowenhaupt toml at communisphere.com
Sun Jan 27 19:45:13 UTC 2013

Eric,

Thank you for the post.

After reading your post and rereading the Washing Post article I'm left
with a couple of questions. (aka spinning head)

Looking at this question from the narrow perspective of New York City,
are you saying that IP4/6 address allocation to entities that might seek
to compete with the existing bandwidth oligopoly is dependent on an
address-freeing action from the ICANN? And thus the relevance to the
NA-Discuss list, to answer Joly's question, is that if we're interested
in improving bandwidth in New York, the list should bottom-up an
enabling request to the ICANN board of directors?

Tom Lowenhaupt