[NA-Discuss] address allocation, was Google Fiber

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Sun Feb 10 23:46:28 UTC 2013

I recall hearing, from Avri, that this was one of the main drivers
behind the arab support of the ITU at WCIT, that they had been
short-changed on IPv4's.

Naive, as I am, I am still a little unsure of how much the
distribution of ip addresses is ICANN's business.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Eric Brunner-Williams
<ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net> wrote:
> Proposed Advice:
>
> It is the advice of _________ to the Corporation Board, that,
> consistent with its responsibilities as the technical coordinator of
> unique endpoint identifiers, and consistent with the public interest
> in the equitable distribution of unique endpoint identifiers,
> that allocation of IPv4 addresses, now scarce, promote equity of
> access of late adopters.
>
> Eric

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com