[NA-Discuss] Shared Hosting vs VPS: How safe is your website

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 12:52:57 UTC 2013

Hi All

Recently I setup the ISOC  Canada  WordPress site at a  Shared Hosting
 website due to price but  upon research and discussion with Joly and
others  I discovered that  Shared hosting  opens your  site to potential
hacking.  Research revealed that the site is shared with 3,500  others.
Here is some research on the risk
http://www.epicwinhosting.com/blog/is-shared-hosting-secure/

*Question:  Is it worth the difference?*

Secondly,
Upon discussion with the hosting company they don't have a VPS service to
upgrade the account.

Thirdly
When I did a  WHOIS on the name  this was the first thing I found. No
response yet from the hosting company, Ticketed the item with their support
on this issue as well.  Almost feel  hostage.

 Name FastDomain Inc. (R1455-LROR) StatusADDPERIOD, CLIENT TRANSFER
PROHIBITED, TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Fourth
In conversation with  Joly he recommeded  a  VPS  site  called GANDI for
more secure hosting
https://www.gandi.net/domain/buy/result/
Also I found  gatorhosting.com   as well

Glenn

Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
skype  gmcknight