[NA-Discuss] mobile app and Access

Glenn McKnight mcknight.glenn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 22:58:58 UTC 2013

Hi
A couple of months ago I propose we look at a mobile strategy to reach the
broadest audience

Interesting here is one of the grants  from the Internet Society

*Open Internet*
Project organizer: Alex Blom, The Netherlands Chapter in Collaboration with
the Sri-Lanka Chapter

Based on the EC BEREC report on traffic management practices in Europe
which shows that blocking of VoIP and P2P traffic is common, and also that
regulating bodies are not whiling to take action unless pressed to do so by
politicians or large numbers of consumers, this project aims to generate
public and authorities’ awareness on this situation by developing 2 mobile
apps  (one for iOS, one for Android) that enable a user to test in a very
simple way whether certain applications are blocked or obstructed by their
fixed or mobile Internet provider.

--
Glenn McKnight
mcknight.glenn at gmail.com