[NA-Discuss] Revised Operating Procedures

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Sun Aug 25 18:55:29 UTC 2013

Attached please find the revised NARALO Operating Principle.

They are identical to the version discussed on the NARALO call on
Monday, August 12, 2013 with two changes: Spanish added with the "as
appropriate", as decided during the meeting, and paragraph 21
replaced with text that no longer makes reference to the MOU.

4. The NARALO will be multilingual from its inception. Public
documents will be produced in English, French and Spanish as appropriate.

21. Where these Operating Principles may conflict with the other
documents governing NARALO operating rules, procedures and practices,
these Operating Principles shall prevail.

I suggest that the following motion:

>Whereas the NARALO Operating Principles have not been updated since 2010;
>
>Whereas a revision to these Operating Principles will result in more
>clarity and address a number of operation difficulties;
>
>Resolved, NARALO adopts the revised Operating Principles dated
>2013-08-20 located at
>https://community.icann.org/display/NARALO/NARALO+ROP+Review++2013.

Since I have no vote in this poll, I would suggest that the motion be
made and seconded by two official ALS reps, and that a vote be
initiated as soon as possible. I have consulted with Darlene, and she
believes that a 7 day vote should be sufficient to achieve the 70% of
ALSs needed for approval.

Alan