[NA-Discuss] Draft NARALO Operating Procedures

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Fri Aug 9 14:37:06 UTC 2013

I do not believe so.  The only time we have filled slots without a vote is when there was only one person to fill the slot - like was the case with Eduardo in this last election.  If there were more than one, voting has always been done.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
From: Alan Greenberg [alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2013 10:40 AM
To: Evan Leibovitch
Cc: Thompson, Darlene; NA-Discuss
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Draft NARALO Operating Procedures

Evan, were there ever cases where there were more candidates than slots and consensus was used?  Alan

At 08/08/2013 04:34 AM, Evan Leibovitch wrote:
On 6 August 2013 10:15, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca<mailto:alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca> > wrote:

At 06/08/2013 08:31 AM, Thompson, Darlene wrote:

#12 refers to ALAC members being chosen by a rough consensus process.  This has never been done.  It has always been done by a voting process.  The rough consensus wording should rather be used for routine decisions.

I am happy to make such a change if there is such a will.

I wouldn't say never.

NARALO's first two non-ALAC reps -- Robert and Beau - were chosen by consensus, no vote was ever taken. I believe that Gareth's selection as well as my first, were also done that way.

I would prefer to keep the option so to allow for the flexibility.

- Evan