[NA-Discuss] Fw: Due Diligence complete- Regional Advice requested ALS applicant "(170) University Community Partnership for Social Action Research"

Bob Bruen bruen at coldrain.net
Tue Nov 27 00:23:36 UTC 2012

Hi, Alan,

Just a point of clarification. The use of THROUGH was not meant to be
critical.

I was simply acknowledging that there might be some evil group that would
have a large number of chapters spread around the world, all of which
would join local RALOs, but would be crontrolled by that single entity in
one Region as part of their efforts to take over the world.

In my opinion, any rule/by-law for groups like RALOs should have a reason
for being, which was thought through carefully. Enough novel events will
appear over time to require adjustments to the rules. When the new event
happens, it may be found that the rule does not address the new situation
and some re-consideration will be in order. It is just not possible to
predict all new events, so the spirit/principal/raison d'etre of the rule
should be understood to enhance the adjustment, if an adjustment is
required. This is why due diligence exists.

The application in question seems to be that somewhat novel event, which
requires some consideration.

                      --bob

--
Dr. Robert Bruen