[NA-Discuss] Prague - Regional Secretariats meeting Agenda- Kindly review

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Wed May 23 22:12:22 UTC 2012

Hi, Beau

Page 72 of ICANN's FY13 proposed Operating Plan and Budget
at http://www.icann.org/en/about/financials/proposed-opplan-budget-v1-fy13-01may12-en.pdf
and the listing of SO/AC community requests at
http://www.icann.org/en/about/planning/ops-budget/community-requests-07mar12-en.htm
,

shows that for the NARALO Toronto Event Budget Request (FY13-015) of
$25,000, ICANN responded Yes to this request.

Re: the $90,000 figure you've cited for APRALO and AFRALO Budget
Requests for IGF 2012 workshops at Baku
(FY2013-002, FY2013-005), this figure includes EURALO's Budget Request
for GA during the June 2013 EuroDIG meeting
(FY2013-031) and SSAC's Budget Request for workshop at IGF (FY2013-022)

However, I do note a discrepancy regarding the dollar amount allocated
as per note#6 and the individual budget requests granted under note#6.
The requests which fall under note#6 that were approved by ICANN are
FY13-001 - $105,000 - Workshop and APRALO Mini-General Assembly at
Regional Internet Governance Forums
FY13-015 - $25,000   - NARALO Toronto Event
FY13-023 - $24,000   -  BC Leadership Development from Developing
Countries (enhancing business leaders)
FY13-018 - tbd          -  SSAC Meetings at IETF Meetings
FY13-004 - $0           -  AFRALO Virtual Capacity building sessions
for AFRALO ALS

Adding these requests results in $154,000.
However, the amount allocated to note#6 is $116,000 and the text for
note#6 states
"ICANN recognizes the need for capacity building for the SO/AC, to
that effect ICANN will provide $100,000 of funds to support various
face to face meetings and workshops". Perhaps further clarification
from ICANN Finance is needed.

Re: topic of "non-quorate ALSes", Tijani did send a draft following
the discussions in CR. His proposal outlined the framework which
incorporated concepts from the EURALO, AFRALO, LACRALO proposals, but
leaving the specific number up to the RALO to set.

While the original intent was for consensus amongst RALOs to agree on
common parameters, the discussions in Dakar and CR have shown this to
be more difficult than expected. Perhaps, given that this issue is
under the remit of the At-Large Metrics WG
(https://community.icann.org/x/HJfbAQ) created at the ICANN meeting in
CR, the issue can be discussed there instead of the regional
secretariat's meeting.

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand Teelucksingh