[NA-Discuss] [offlist] Concerning the NeuStar ~ New York City "public hearing"

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Mar 27 20:40:28 UTC 2012

In defence of DoITT, Nancy Scola just fwded to me a set of bullet points
that she, as an accredited journalist, did obtain from a contact there.
She's asked me not to make them public until she gets her article out, but
 the $185k + $25/yr is not recoupable against the city's 40%, and that 40%
includes all .nyc related revenues such as advertising etc.
Guaranteed city income starts at $300K and rise to  $1m in the 5th year,
and some nexus clauses.

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Alan Greenberg <alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca>wrote:

> At 27/03/2012 02:54 PM, Joly MacFie wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 1:02 PM, Thomas Lowenhaupt
>> <toml at communisphere.com>wrote:
>>

>> >    I did take some notes
>> >

>> When Nancy Scola and I were in there we were forbidden to even put pen to
>> paper. They did genrously extend the deadline to 4.15 since we couldn't
>> get
>> in there til 4pm since we chose to wait until Jay Sulzberger and Robert
>> Pollard had finished  (there was only one copy available.)

> Sounds rather Draconian - the kind of thing you would expect of a
> Soviet-era archives and not the City of New York.
>
> Alan

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com