[NA-Discuss] Election update

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Mon Aug 13 15:42:00 UTC 2012

On 13 August 2012 11:14, Thompson, Darlene <DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca> wrote:

>  So, this only applies for those running for ALAC, right?  Our Chair
> nominees don’t have to do that?

It isn't demanded of anyone. But once the SoI collection system is mature
it may be recommended that anyone involved in At-Large policy activity --
whether as an ALAC rep, RALO leadership or individual Working Group
participant -- have an SoI on file for the purposes of maintaining the
utmost transparency.

It is possible that in the future, certain At-Large activity may require
having an SoI on file. I believe that there at least some GNSO working
groups demand that all participants have completed an SoI (which is why I
have one on file there too). It is ALAC's choice whether to make such
transparency mandatory for certain activities in the future, but currently
it is optional and merely an act of voluntary disclosure.

- Evan