[NA-Discuss] Consensus on NARALO showcase in Toronto

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Apr 25 18:17:36 UTC 2012

On 25 April 2012 13:49, Beau Brendler <beaubrendler at earthlink.net> wrote:

> What I heard on the phone was something of a consensus that we should not
> have one, reasons cited including:
> * Showcase burnout

Plus... hard to top Vint.

> * Few new ALSs to showcase joining NA since San Francisco

Actually, I am fairly sure there aren't ANY new ones since SF.

> * Instead of a showcase should we do something that's more engaged with
> the public interest

That's a good idea. Perhaps the concept of a NARALO "open house" that could
be promoted to the local NGO/NPO community. I have some contacts but I'd
probably need some help in getting the word out. As it is I've invited just
about every local facebook contact of mine to the event.

> * Should we concentrate instead on capacity building sessions or other

Something that could link to the Academy, perhaps (assuming it happens)?

So I am going to start from the position that there's a consensus we should
> not hold a showcase in Toronto.

That's my recollection from the call and I agree with it.

FWIW, there is *not* going to be a EURALO showcase at Prague. So we won't
be the ones breaking the chain ;-)

- Evan