[NA-Discuss] Update on Consumer Constituency Charter Changes

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Fri May 6 19:56:37 UTC 2011

On 6 May 2011, at 14:33, Beau Brendler wrote:

> Finally, if anyone is still reading, it's important to consider the existence of the Non-Profit Operations Constituency (NPOC), which has some strong opinions about non-profit trademark protection, for instance. The newly-chartered NCSG would be made up, if I have my recent facts correct, of the NCUC, the CC (consumer constituency), and the NPOC.

yep.  all things being equal and assuming all the charters eventually get approved by the  Board.

and of course it is not limited to those.  we could see evolutions of other  constituencies such as FoE, and one on Human Rights etc.  Any group of NCSG members could come up with ideas for constituencies and go through the process.  and other non commercial actors from outside the NCSG could so as well.  the NCSG architecture has been designed to allow for many constituencies.  and since constituencies are the entities empowered in the GNSO for official comment on all issues, I figure the more constituencies, the better to get across the diversity of non commercial viewpoints.

But the first 3 are planned as NCUC, NPOC and CC.

a.