[NA-Discuss] [At-Large] What ALAC said about new gTLDs in 2003

Antony Van Couvering avc at avc.vc
Thu Mar 31 00:24:24 UTC 2011

Hi Alan,

Actually, I am most interested in the substance over other considerations, and I offered that quote to
illustrate the sense of urgency that to this day remains unrequited.

That being said, you may have noticed that ICANN years are dog years -- 7 of them is equivalent to one in any other venue. More to the point, the policy issues have changed not one whit in the intervening time, although it is probably true that because ICANN has offered no real TLD choices to consumers in over 10 years, the DNS is becoming far less relevant to Internet users, who now prefer Facebook by a wide margin.

Just so I know, what is the cutoff date when ALAC and At-Large statements may start to be relied upon as accurate and representative?

Thanks,

Antony