[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Edits and comments to NARALO/ALAC position statement on GAC scorecard

Richard Tindal richardtindal at me.com
Wed Mar 30 21:45:19 UTC 2011

Eric,

As the AG batch limit is already 500 I think the ALAC paper is saying it should be less than that.   A number hasnt been proposed
but I assume it would be a fairly low number (e.g. 100 or less applications ).  My point is that if we have 150 potential applicants then we need a mechanism
for deciding which 100 proceed and which 50 do not.

If we used some determination of worthiness based on public interest operation then PARIS and NYC might both proceed.  Then again, if worthiness
was the published mechanism we might find a bunch of new applications emerge that are very focused on worthiness and collectively these new applications
push PARIS and/ or NYC out.

If we decide random selection is the only fair mechanism (for example) we might again, find that PARIS and/ or NYC are excluded.

Until we define the mechanism for 'limiting' its impossible to say who would be successful.

Richard

PARIS and NYC were just examples.   Below you've suggested that , but we would certainly have to find a way to decide