[NA-Discuss] Please confirm your participation at the NARALO Showcase

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Mar 4 15:07:59 UTC 2011

Sometime back, Danny suggested that there should be a periodic review of
ALSs that were never heard from, never voted or participated in anything.

When it was first suggested, as Chair at the time I answered that it was too
premature in NARALO's life to start pruning, that our goal was to be more
inclusive rather then spend a lot of energy on de-certifying inactive ALSs
(and in our case, individual members).

Eventually, there will indeed be merit to such activity -- for the purposes
of achieving quorum for votes, and to disallow anyone from publicising their
involvement in NARALO even though they're not involved.

Is it still too soon? Personally, I think so.

In the case of Webwatch, IMO the tidiest thing to do is to ask CU for a
letter of withdrawal.

- Evan