[NA-Discuss] ICANN is looking for qualified qualified people to, fill leadership positions within its organization - Deadline is April, 2, 2011.

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Fri Mar 4 11:30:26 UTC 2011

On 4 Mar 2011, at 06:00, Adam Peake wrote:

> I think you may be confusing the At Large process used to select a Director last year and ICANN NomCom.

Not all.  The problems that happened in one, might indeed happen in another. there is not structural barrier to such an occurrence.  That is what the At Large experience taught me - it gave me an insight into a structural deficit I had not seen before.

It is good that you will be vigilant, but the process should not require that.

As for the rest of the issues, Olivier asked for my opinion.  I gave it.  It is not the first time my opinions vary.  I do appreciate your official reply on the irrelevance of my opinion.    I never had any doubt about that.

But I still recommend that anyone I know avoid the ICANN Nomcom process until such time as the ICANN staff is no longer involved in it.

a.