[NA-Discuss] Geographic Regions Statement

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Sun Jan 30 04:17:42 UTC 2011

On 28 January 2011 11:44, Bret Fausett <bfausett at internet.law.pro> wrote:

> > Is it posible for a country to be a member of two or
> > more Ralos at the same time?
>
> "Vote in one; participate in all" would be my suggestion.

At least while I was chair of NARALO, that was our unofficial policy. Anyone
from any region could participate in our issues, but only the NA-associated
ALSs and individuals would be considered in any votes or consensus
decisions. And, indeed, we have had many observers and participants from
other regions over the years.

I can't speak for other regions, but I know that I personally have attended
phone-call conferences in at least three other regions and was welcomed in
the discussions at all times. So while "Vote in one; participate in all" may
not be explicitly stated policy, it is indeed how things work.

(BTW I would *not* add the above to the NARALO statement because it deals
with inter-RALO relationships rather than geographical alignment.)

- Evan