[NA-Discuss] NARALO input to the ALAC budget

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Jan 21 20:34:19 UTC 2011

I'm currently filling in the template in regards to a project -- long
discussed in NARALO approvingly -- of having ICANN fund participation in
end-user-targeted conferences -- preferably ones with international
attraction so to have the maximum exposure.

The proposal -- to be done along with parallel submissions from other
regions -- would have a first-year trial in Computex, CES and Cebit. Is this
succeeds we propose to extend this to smaller, regional
conferences.

Main expense to ICANN is creation of a 3m^2 booth (about $2K) and expenses
to ship the booth and volunteers to the shows. As the volunteers would
presumably be in-region, travel costs should be minimal.

- Evan

Evan Leibovitch, Toronto Canada
Em: evanl at telly dot org
Sk: evanleibovitch