[NA-Discuss] Call for comment ASAP on ICANN strat plan

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Jan 7 14:55:12 UTC 2011

Hello Eric,

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2011 19:53:25 -0500
> From: Eric Brunner-Williams <ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net>
> Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Call for comment ASAP on ICANN strat plan
> To: na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
>
> Heidi,
>
> If you would be so kind as to locate any of the Vision and Mission
> statements for years 1998 to 2010 I would appreciate it. I'm curious
> how the marketing communications message has changed over time, and
> how long the 1w,1i tag has been used.

I remember that this is something Rod Beckstrom has introduced at his
IGF presentation in Sharm el Sheikh.

ICANN and the Internet Ecosystem Presentation 	Rod Beckstrom 	IGF, Sharm
El Sheikh, Egypt 	2009-11-15 	View
<http://www.icann.org/en/presentations/igf-internet-ecosystem-beckstrom-15nov09-en.pdf>

http://www.icann.org/en/presentations/igf-internet-ecosystem-beckstrom-15nov09-en.pdf

This was his first presentation after he took office, in the light of a
threat from ITU to demand the ability to distribute IPv6 addresses using
Country Internet Registries (CIR) thus bypassing the Regional Internet
Registries (RIR) system.

Originally the slogan was:

One World
One Internet