[NA-Discuss] [ALAC] Fwd: Re: Draft letter to House Energy & Commerce Committee

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Wed Dec 14 19:16:05 UTC 2011

On 14 December 2011 12:09, Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks OCL  I wonder though as you have gone to the second page with
> the layout  is it worthwhile inserting the  ALAC and At-Large Structure
> diagram  as a easy to read and understand graphic on the last (2nd ) page
> below the signature line as a form of 'appendix'  You know  pictures are
> worth a <insert  ###> of words rule...

I'm not sure that such an introductory letter needs much explanation, let
alone diagrams. We're simply indicating "A forum to represent the public
interest within ICANN currently exists, if you're genuinely interested in
hearing that PoV".

The mere awareness -- especially if we get on a mailing list to participate
in future solicitations of comment -- is a major step. If a Congressperson
wants to peek inside the sausage factory we can give offer as much (or as
little) detail as necessary.

Besides, this is the US Congress within an amosphere of political
exceptionalism. Any interest in the geographical diversity of At-Large
(IMO) would be accidental.

- Evan