[NA-Discuss] Fwd: "Domain Protection Racket" Promotion on Network Solutions Home Page

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Wed Aug 31 12:59:53 UTC 2011

Garth

On 31 Aug 2011, at 13:48, Garth Bruen at Knujon.com wrote:

> People might be more at ease with gTLD expansion if the dispute process was
> sound, I'd be wary of anyone who says it is. The current UDRP works in favor
> of cybersquatters

A lot of people would disagree with you and state that it works in the favour of IP holders who like to bully registrants

> and the Registrars who sponsor them

Garth - you are deliberately misusing the term "sponsor" with the clear intent of establishing some kind of beneficial connection between registrars and their clients.
Please stop - it's intentionally inflammatory and completely misleading.

> (who, in some case
> have been shown to be one in the same). The process only works if the
> plaintiff truly wants a disputed domain name.
> Against the bad-faith
> registrant, there is no recourse especially if the registrant is behind a
> privacy service. The defaulted domains in these cases are worthless to the
> plaintiff once transferred (in fact worth-less because they have to spend
> money to get the worthless domains where the bad-faith registrant spends
> zero dollars in default.

Based on what?

Are you honestly trying to tell us that in your opinion all domains that are transferred in UDRP cases have zero value?

Seriously?

Regards

Michele

Mr Michele Neylon