[NA-Discuss] Fwd: "Domain Protection Racket" Promotion on Network Solutions Home Page

Bret Fausett bfausett at internet.law.pro
Mon Aug 29 20:59:44 UTC 2011

Businesses use a lot of scare tactics to make sales. In our every day
navigation of the web, we see hundreds, probably thousands of
advertisements each day, and somehow we each manage to resist the sales
pressure. I expect that the businesses to which this NetSol ad is aimed
are savvy enough to resist it too.

I have more sympathy for the idea that we should do something about the
"pre-registration" racket, which we discussed in last week's thread, where
the potential for consumer confusion/fraud is high. Here, we are dealing
with an advertisement primarily aimed at businesses, so the potential for
consumer confusion/fraud is substantially lower.

       Bret