[NA-Discuss] Does ICANN need to evolve its code of conduct?

ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Mon Aug 22 15:31:43 UTC 2011

Colleagues,

Eric (no relation) Engleman, writing for the Washington Post and/or Bloomberg,
has a piece on the post-ICANN affairs of former Chairman Peter Dengate Thrush,
which was published over the weekend.

The URL is: http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/icann-departures-draw-criticism/2011/08/19/gIQAzpeDTJ_story.html?fb_ref=NetworkNews&fb_source=profile_multiline

I remain of the view I held when writing on this subject on 7/29, that there
are other issues which a "code of conduct" could not address, and which go to
the persistent failure, with the exceptions of the creation of a competitive
registrar regime eleven years ago, abandoned this year, and the competitive
redelegation of the .org contract nine years ago, of the corporation to
achieve its competition policy raison d'etre.

Eric