[NA-Discuss] Fw: Ban Use of Social Media - British PM

Myles Braithwaite myles at monkeyinyoursoul.com
Mon Aug 15 20:02:19 UTC 2011

 Only if it's effecting DNS. If a country pointed their DNS servers for the domain twitter.com to 127.0.0.1 (as an example) it might cause some issues with other countries usage of the domain.

Ars Technica wrote an interesting article on how the Egyptian government could have shut down the Internet: <http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/01/how-egypt-or-how-your-government-could-shut-down-the-internet.ars>.

--
Myles Braithwaite - Monkey in your Soul
http://monkeyinyoursoul.com | myles at monkeyinyoursoul.com | (416) 732-1657