[NA-Discuss] Video of iBreakfast tld event

Joly MacFie joly at punkcast.com
Tue Aug 9 10:35:17 UTC 2011

As mentioned in the yesterday's meeting

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL66A04B1808AABF48

There's a couple of segments missing at the end including Q&A as I am
waiting on a transcription from Tony Kirsch from ausregistry. They'll be
added later in the week.

There's a brief summary here
http://ibreakfast.blogspot.com/2011/08/esther-dyson-stands-her-ground-at-new.html

Apart from Esther Dyson throwing icy water on the whole concept, the most
notable comment was Mike Davies from Verisign saying that they anticipate
1500 applications, 1000 of which will be for dot brands, and that it will be
3-5 years before the second round. Ken Hansen of Neustar said they are
offering to park TLDs for 10k/yr.

Edmon Chung of dot asia gave an excellent all round presentation.

I regret not asking about WHOIS  when they talked about .canon's plans to
give a second level to every customer..

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com