[NA-Discuss] Does ICANN need to evolve its code of conduct?

Eduardo Diaz eduardodiazrivera at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 14:11:23 UTC 2011

So the Worldbank directors  get paid which makes a big difference.

-ed

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 9:59 AM, Houle Louis <Louis.Houle at oricom.ca> wrote:

> Here is what I found for 2005, voted in July 2004.
>
> «Upon the recommendation of the Board of Governors' Committee on the
> Remuneration of Executive Directors, the Governors approved the
> remuneration of Executive Directors and their Alternates effective July
> 1, 2004, to be as follows: the remuneration of Executive Directors is
> $196,730; the remuneration of Alternate Executive Directors is
> $170,170.^3
> <
> http://web.worldbank.org/WBSITE/EXTERNAL/EXTABOUTUS/EXTANNREP/EXTANNREP2K5/0,,contentMDK:20640014%7EmenuPK:1605958%7EpagePK:64168445%7EpiPK:64168309%7EtheSitePK:1397343,00.html#Note003
> >

> Louis Houle
> Président
> La Société Internet du Québec (ISOC Québec)
> Louis.Houle at isocquebec.org
>

> Le 2011-07-29 10:20, Eduardo Diaz a écrit :
> > This is a conundrum. You volunteer to work in an ICANN board and you do
> not
> > get any payment for doing it. Moreover, most of the directors come from
> the
> > Industry. Imagine not been able to work in the Industry for a period of
> time
> > after leaving the board.  Maybe if ICANN directors get any compensation
> then
> > something like what the article mentions can be implemented. You see, if
> you
> > offer compensation then you may be able to attract other types of people
> > the board which means from other industries not related to what ICANN is
> all
> > about.
> >
> > By the way, do anyone knows if  directors in the World Bank get paid?
> >
> > -ed
> >
> > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 10:00 AM, Evan Leibovitch<evan at telly.org>
>  wrote:
> >
> >> What's the point of complaining?
> >>
> >> This kind of COI is built into the very DNA of ICANN, and couldn't be
> fixed
> >> without the kind of overhaul that would make the ITU salivate.
> >>
> >> - Evan

> http://www.circleid.com/posts/20110728_does_icann_need_to_evolve_its_code_of_conduct/

> >> ------
> >> NA-Discuss mailing list
> >> NA-Discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
> >>
> >> Visit the NARALO online at http://www.naralo.org
> >> ------

NOTICE: The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only
for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If
you have received this communication by error, please notify us immediately
by e-mail, and delete the original message.