[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Edits and comments to NARALO/ALAC position statement on GAC scorecard

Eric Brunner-Williams ebw at abenaki.wabanaki.net
Fri Apr 1 22:49:36 UTC 2011

Richard,

Agree that the NeuStar / .CO business plan will not cause the IPC
exceptional nosebleeds and hysterics, but that isn't the only metric
for lack of proof of a utility and necessity claim.

Any data on the ppc density among the 900k?

Given the renewal price point for the secondary market actors acting
as pseudo-registrars, on the order 1.5 times the .CO price point for
GA names (post landrush(es)) for .COM names with natural traffic, is
there any reason to believe that the ad inventories placed in the
o(1M) already "tasted" .CO properties aren't as sustaining as the ad
inventories placed in the same ppc proven .COM properties?

It should be clear that finding a "public interest" rational for an
increase in the number of sites having no utility other than the
function of ad inventory outlets will require some cleverness.

Eric