[NA-Discuss] Policy Failure Enables Mass Malware: Part II (ICANN and OnlineNIC)

gbruen at knujon.com gbruen at knujon.com
Wed Sep 29 23:21:11 UTC 2010

Michele,

I've made it quite clear. The unlicensed pharmacy domain promoted through
thousands of hacked websites has false WHOIS which they failed to correct
within the stipulated time. The sponsoring Registrar failed to investigate
and suspend the domain within the stipulated time. ICANN failed to address
the original complaint against the domain with the Registrar and completely
botched the complaint against the Registrar.

Would you still feel the same if it were your site that was hacked on behalf
of a non-compliant sponsored by a non-compliant Registrar?

You'll see in our follow-up next week how a Registrar was actually the
VICTIM of such a scheme. Some might even say this was an "attack" from a
competing domain company.

-Garth