[NA-Discuss] Policy Failure Enables Mass Malware: Part II (ICANN and OnlineNIC)

Beau Brendler beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 21:23:50 UTC 2010

We're talking about the RAA, and Oakland-based, uh, excuse me, Xiamen-based [http://www.icann.org/en/tlds/pro1/pdf/rop_exhibit_a5.pdf] OnlineNIC.

Is someone going to tell me with a straight face that RAA compliance is outside ICANN's scope? Is ICANN now some sort of compact of free association among the 195-odd countries of the world with the GAC as suzerain?

And no, I don't support COICA, in much the same way as my opinion on ICANN's role in contractual compliance doesn't mean that I listen to Barry Manilow or won't eat green curry.