[NA-Discuss] Policy Failure Enables Mass Malware: Part II (ICANN and OnlineNIC)

Beau Brendler beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 29 19:11:13 UTC 2010

"ICANN’s vice president of government affairs for the Americas, Jamie Hedlund, said the meeting was “outside the scope of our role as the technical coordinator of the Internet’s unique identifiers.”

How is enforcing the provisions of the RAA outside the scope of its role?

This is nonsensical, and an embarrassment. Obviously there was some other political conversation that was had high up about -- something -- that we're not being told.

Oh, that and the fact ICANN has a dys(non)functional compliance section.