[NA-Discuss] Announcement of At-Large selected voting Board Director candidates

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Fri Oct 29 12:39:50 UTC 2010

Hello everyone.

As Heidi has posted, the BCEC has posted its slate of three candidates for
the position of At-Large-selected member of the ICANN Board. A community
call is being planned to interview

As a region we now have some decisions to make

   1. Are we satisfied with the slate of three candidates, or do we want to
   participate in a petition process to add candidates who submitted
   nominations or were left off the slate?

   2. EURALO as a region, and Danny Younger (who was nominated as a
   candidate but not selected for the BCEC slate) have asked for time
   extensions to make the voting period longer. This will give more time to
   consider the candidates but potentially postpone the sitting of the new
   Director by up to four months. Do you as ALS representatives need more than
   11 days to determine a preference?

   3. As NARALO Chair and one of 20 votes in the final selection, I made a
   commitment to find out your preferences -- amongst ALSs and individual
   members -- between the three candidates (plus any others that may be added
   by petition)

I would like to find out the views of NARALO members on these issues. My
preference is that you post your response publicly (ie, to this list) but if
you feel more comfortable responding privately by email or Skype, that is OK
too).

- Evan