[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Rechaza nominación como candidato para miembro de ALAC / Declines Nomination as Candidate for ALAC Member

Silvia Vivanco silvia.vivanco at icann.org
Fri May 5 22:18:42 UTC 2023

Dear Humberto,

Your declination of the nomination has been noted on the LACRALO wiki page:

https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/2023+LACRALO+Regional+Selections

Thank you very much!

Silvia

On 5/5/23, 2:18 PM, "lac-discuss-en on behalf of hcarrascob at gmail.com" <lac-discuss-en-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of hcarrascob at gmail.com> wrote:

    [[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

    Dear Region,

     First of all, I would like to express my gratitude to José Luis Barzallo, Olga Cavalli and Adrián Carvallo for nominating me as a candidate for the position of ALAC member. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to decline the nomination. While I believe I have the qualifications and experience for the position, I fear my candidacy will cause division rather than unity in the region. I am fully aware of the efforts being made to move the region forward, and I do not want to undermine these efforts in any way.

     Furthermore, I strongly believe that the region would benefit from a woman as a candidate for ALAC member who fights for the rights of indigenous peoples. Having diverse representation and perspectives in leadership positions is crucial to ensure that all voices are heard and considered.

     I would like to thank all those who expressed their support in private, and I remain committed to serving the Region in the future.

     Sincerely,

     Humberto Carrasco

     Dear Region,

     First and foremost, I would like to express my gratitude to Jose Luis Barzallo, Olga Cavalli, and Adrian Carvallo for nominating me as a candidate for the ALAC member position. However, after careful consideration, I have decided to decline the nomination. Although I believe that I have the necessary merits and experience for the position, I fear that my candidacy may cause division rather than unity in the region. I am fully aware of the efforts made to move the region forward, and I do not want to harm these efforts in any way.

     Furthermore, I strongly believe that the region would benefit from a woman as an ALAC member candidate who fights for the rights of indigenous people. It is crucial to have diverse representation and perspectives in positions of leadership to ensure that all voices are heard and considered.

     I would like to thank all those who expressed their support privately, and I remain committed to serving the Region in the future.

     Best regards,

     https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.lacralo.org__;!!PtGJab4!_99OChsjeoBdAkjMzssXU8nlcYqA-H8REFqOc-6mVSIXbt17sz5H20DuQlVR4yh7S_BVfYhH9T-oA9dqCbZiycMmJyy4cw$ [lacralo[.]org]
     By submitting your personal data, you consent to the processing of your personal data for purposes of subscribing to this mailing list agreement with the ICANN Privacy Policy (https://www.icann.org/privacy/policy) and the website Terms of Service (https://www.icann.org/privacy/tos). You can visit the Mailman link above to change your membership status or configuration, including unsubscribing, setting digest-style delivery or disabling delivery altogether (eg, for a vacation), and so on.