[IDN-WG] [Bpf-localcontent] IGF 2019: Request Bilateral Rooms during the 14th IGF in Berlin

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 24 22:05:42 UTC 2019

Hi Satish
I was rather thinking about an open meeting, in conjunction with a call for interest, to take the opportunity to get also people who are not in the ICANN circles but in the wide stakeholder community. I bet that a lot of them will be just users, that we can even get onboard.
Of course, if there are issues that require, for instance, a vote of the WG, only members will be allowed to do so, but in general terms I believe that wider participation will be beneficial to the WG.
Anyway, a closed meeting would be also OK. In either case, I believe that we need to submit a request. I don’t think that we need to specify in the request all the details about the meeting, but I am sure that we need to provide an idea about the size of the room.
OTOH, I am not sure whether we are still on time to ask for a Flash Session - I believe that the programme has been already drafted and is in a sort of “last call for comments” status, which means that it will be extremely unlikely that requests for new sessions are accepted - unless already approved sessions are cancelled.
A DC-DNSI (Dynamic Coalition on DNS Issues) session will also take place, but their focus will be different than the broad view of the Internet Users.
Cheers,
Roberto