[IDN-WG] Are Emojis a pile of poo for the DNS?

Satish Babu sb at inapp.com
Mon Mar 13 17:25:13 UTC 2017

To add to my previous post, there appear to be two conflicting schools of
thought regarding emoji-based domain names.

The first sees them as a matter of concern, and an innovation that
"pollutes" the very concept of domain names. In contrast, the other says
this is where popular usage is heading, and "...ignore them at your own
peril".

At this time, it's appears to be a fad, and perhaps a tad too early to
predict where they are headed.

satish