[IDN-WG] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- IDN Variant TLD Program – Interim Report Examining the User Experience Implications of Active Variant TLDs

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:54:12 UTC 2012

OK, Edmon.  I gather you will put some thoughts down on this for the IDN WG
members to respond to.  Would it be realistic to expect a draft by the week
of Nov 12th?  This would be right after IGF 2012 with weekend in between.
Matt should have a wiki page up to track the drafting process by then as
well.  Please advise if this timeline is not realistic.

Do note the comment and reply periods for the Interim Report pasted at the
bottom of this mail.  We should aim to give the ALAC a minimum of 10 days
to process the statement (i.e., 5 days to review the proposed statement and
provide feedback and 5 days to vote on a finalized statement).  Also, keep
in mind that the revised document on the Procedure to Develop and Maintain
the Label Generation Rules for the Root Zone in Respect of IDNA
Labels<http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/lgr-procedure-24sep12-en.htm>might
be floated for public comment again between November and December.
We have already decided during the IDN WG meeting in Toronto that the ALAC
should be submitting a statement on this one, so we will need to plan ahead.
*
Interim Report Examining the User Experience Implications of Active Variant
TLDs*
Comment/Reply Periods (*)
 *Comment Open:* 23 October 2012  *Comment Close:* 22 November 2012  *Close
Time (UTC):* 23:59
 *Reply Open:* 23 November 2012
 *Reply Close:* 13 December 2012
 *Close Time (UTC):* 23:59