[IDN-WG] Initial Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs - request to develop ALAC statement

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 19:56:53 UTC 2012

Dear Staff,

Further to the IDN Working Group Meeting of 11th January, 2012 there was
some discussions in relation to this in the transcripts records:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+IDN+WG+Teleconference+11-01-2012

I have prepared a first draft and circulated it for comments within the IDN
WG Mailing list on the 22nd January, 2012. The JIG Report was not
accessible via the link until the 20th January, 2012 hence the delay. The
fault was mine as I should have checked much earlier so I apologise to all
on the list for not picking it up and for reading it last minute.
Nevertheless, all is not lost as we still have time till 7th February, 2012
to give feedback.

I advise that I circulated a first Draft to the IDN WG as per our Chair's
instructions and today on the 24th January 2012 have posted it on the wiki
to invite comments and feedback, see:
https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Initial+Report+on+Universal+Acceptance+of+IDN+TLDs+Workspace+-+2012?focusedCommentId=31166818&#comment-31166818

Kind Regards,
Sala